Welcome to Dorset Subaru Owners Club

:IMPORTANT MESSAGE:
* As a Guest you will not be able to view all content of the forum, please Register for full access

* Please post an Intro in the New Members section before posting anywhere else.

* Join Photobucket in order to gain best results regarding posting pictures.

* Firefox seems to be the best browser option for viewing the forum.

Regards
The Admin Team
Welcome to Dorset Subaru Owners Club

:IMPORTANT MESSAGE:
* As a Guest you will not be able to view all content of the forum, please Register for full access

* Please post an Intro in the New Members section before posting anywhere else.

* Join Photobucket in order to gain best results regarding posting pictures.

* Firefox seems to be the best browser option for viewing the forum.

Regards
The Admin Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of Dorset Subaru

HomeLatest imagesHomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
marky777
marky777

Number of posts : 2082

Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix Empty
PostSubject: Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix   Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 12:54 pm

Really top chap!! First up we plugged everything into the car, an exhaust gas sensor round the tailpipe, then bolted a knock sensor/headphones to the engine and some more cables under the bonnet. Then this computer type thing to the windscreen and some cables under the dash, one to the port and one to the connectors. He then read my map and was not too impressed tbh. My air/fuel was 12-1 apparently dangerously lean and this was knocking my timing back 5 degres and the ecu cannot cope with this under boost all of which was making the car very hot. A realistic starting figure was the 290hp that we saw at Veysport and not the 301hp from my previous run. Duncan spent an hour of christchurch bypass runs to sort out the fueling and air (and some pops n bangs). This has made the car feel massively better and far more driveable. With the extra mods we got 25hp bringing it to roughly 315hp and also an extra 20ft lbs of torque (big improvement) taking that just under 300. Duncan mentioned a few things that were holding back the top bhp figures. Firstly my actuator is a little weak, he compensated as much as possible with the duty cycle settings, but it will only hold 1.2 bar constantly. He suggests i swap out for a three port boost solenoid which will help the hp figure. Also my something dead centre sensor i think is failing which blips on and off, he said this holds back bhp too and is probably why Enginetuner failed to get a little more out of it and so it ended up running lean. Very happy with the service and would like to recommend Race Dynamix to all on the site
bliss

Thanks duncan for taking the time to help and for explaining things to me king And i look forward to doing business with you in the future!! Oh and for the things i have probably got wrong above...correcting me when you read this
Back to top Go down
Tiny Tim
Tiny Tim

Number of posts : 5006

PostSubject: Re: Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix   Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:02 pm

TDC Sensor - Top Dead Centre. I'd get that sorted asap mate.

Awesome news though, sounds like Duncan's done you proud.... I expect he'll end up with a number of happy customers. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.dsoc.co.nr
marky777
marky777

PostSubject: Re: Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix   Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:04 pm

Just to add Enginetuner done a stellar job on my car and other mods have been added to the car since that map affecting air/fuel.
Back to top Go down
marky777
marky777

PostSubject: Re: Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix   Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:11 pm

Totally Tim, big respect without getting bromantic lol Well worth the dollar even for those who want a longer living engine and peace of mind when flooring it!!! Really looking forward to the next RR day to see what she does, but still not as important as the way she now drives bliss Better get some new brakes
Back to top Go down
ollie3000
ollie3000

Number of posts : 1352

PostSubject: Re: Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix   Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:15 pm

happy car, happy driver, good times Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RA Jay
RA Jay

Number of posts : 7402

PostSubject: Re: Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix   Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:16 pm

Good skills guys..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dynamix
dynamix

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix   Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 2:58 pm

Cheers Mark - very good to meet you and also nice to see a green car ... makes a change from blue Smile

It was the Neutral Position Sensor that was playing up and that was starting to interfere with the performance of the car by telling the ecu it was in neutral when it really wasnt. It is a cheap(ish) sensor to replace and well worth sorting.

A 3 port will help retain a little more boost at the top end and also raise the boost a little in the mid range to get a tad more torque.

Gimme a shout when you have sorted and next time I am down I will pop over and check it is all hunky dory.
Back to top Go down
http://www.racedynamix.com
marky777
marky777

PostSubject: Re: Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix   Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 3:31 pm

Again massive thanks Duncan, i feel a lot more confident knowing the motor is fueling right, and that it is now not running hot and lean. And as i said it now feels like a car that came from the factory with 300+ horses, no hesitation in any gear at any revs and extra ponies and torque a bonus. Makes it a lot more pokey in the real world bliss

Thanks m8 and will be back to you after the next round of mods or when you want to take me out in the Time Attack for a lap Very Happy

Remember like you promised Smile
Back to top Go down
scuuby
scuuby

Number of posts : 2977

PostSubject: Re: Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix   Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 3:46 pm

gonna have to get mine sorted soon and get it booked in evilgrin
Back to top Go down
marky777
marky777

PostSubject: Re: Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix   Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 4:09 pm

We spoke about yours today Waayyyynnnneeeeee as it seemed the most prominent car that was interested in Dynamix. I am sure Duncan will correct me but i think he felt a fair bit more could be had out of yours considering your fully forged + 20g andy forest etc etc. I am sure it all depends but could be something silly holding it back or just a tweak needed but i think Duncan said 385 would be the norm for your app. Don't quote me but maybe it's worth a day out to find out?
Back to top Go down
scuuby
scuuby

PostSubject: Re: Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix   Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 4:12 pm

that would be much better than what its running at the mo! maybe meths as well then evilgrin
Back to top Go down
marky777
marky777

PostSubject: Re: Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix   Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 4:32 pm

I think book a session, you can watch whats happening live and then tailor to your spec. I was truly amazed at how out of kilter mine was, 25 extra horses and 20 + torquies is good but having it run sweet at the same time with no flat spots is worth it's weight in gold m8. Mine came away from the last mapping very hesitant, not now any gear any revs like silk
Back to top Go down
scuuby
scuuby

PostSubject: Re: Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix   Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 12:50 am

well you sound like your a very happy man taunt i will get on with my engine, just getting time! hopefully get it out next week :confused:
Back to top Go down
Tiny Tim
Tiny Tim

Number of posts : 5006

PostSubject: Re: Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix   Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 1:14 am

After you've done my fog covers....

Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix   Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big thanks to Duncan at Race Dynamix

View previous topic View next topic Back to top