Welcome to Dorset Subaru Owners Club

:IMPORTANT MESSAGE:
* As a Guest you will not be able to view all content of the forum, please Register for full access

* Please post an Intro in the New Members section before posting anywhere else.

* Join Photobucket in order to gain best results regarding posting pictures.

* Firefox seems to be the best browser option for viewing the forum.

Regards
The Admin Team
Welcome to Dorset Subaru Owners Club

:IMPORTANT MESSAGE:
* As a Guest you will not be able to view all content of the forum, please Register for full access

* Please post an Intro in the New Members section before posting anywhere else.

* Join Photobucket in order to gain best results regarding posting pictures.

* Firefox seems to be the best browser option for viewing the forum.

Regards
The Admin Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of Dorset Subaru

HomeLatest imagesHomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hello from Southampton

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
grendel
grendel

Number of posts : 109

Hello from Southampton Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Southampton   Hello from Southampton I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 3:15 am

I'm New to the whole Subaru thing and don’t even own one yet.

Basically I have run and loved my 1988 MR2 Mk1 for the past 6 years and before that I had Triumph Spitfire 1500 but it's time for a more practical car but was thinking I would miss the handling of RWD and don’t want a boring BMW and hate FWD so thought why not look into Impreza GX wagon. This was until I was put straight and told I may as well get an Impreza WRX STI Wagon or UK Turbo wagon since it will be more fun and probably be not much difference in fuel costs. Only thing that is making a bit confused why they need the engines rebuilt?

So any advice for a turbo engine newbie would help since always had N/A cars to play with in the past.
Back to top Go down
scoobyss&k
scoobyss&k

Number of posts : 2264

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southampton   Hello from Southampton I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 3:43 am

welcome
Back to top Go down
Timmy2Stroke
Timmy2Stroke

Number of posts : 1297

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southampton   Hello from Southampton I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 7:51 am

Hello and welcome. I put up the V4 link on Southern Subaru for you (I'm Neglected_Scooby on there!).

The engines don't need re-building providing they are serviced regularly and let warm up properly. If you nail it from cold then they do break!
Back to top Go down
gunner
gunner

Number of posts : 656

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southampton   Hello from Southampton I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 8:20 am

Welcome to DSOC mate, plenty of knowledge on here as above ^
Back to top Go down
scoobynutter
scoobynutter

Number of posts : 2813

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southampton   Hello from Southampton I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 8:26 am

welcome
Back to top Go down
marky777
marky777

Number of posts : 2082

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southampton   Hello from Southampton I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 8:52 am

Welcome to DSOC Smile
Back to top Go down
Rich_383
Rich_383

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southampton   Hello from Southampton I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 9:09 am

welcome
Back to top Go down
beezor
beezor

Number of posts : 5139

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southampton   Hello from Southampton I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:33 am

Bonjour and welcome mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cusco_scooby

Number of posts : 974

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southampton   Hello from Southampton I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:37 am

welcome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
its me

Number of posts : 43

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southampton   Hello from Southampton I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 11:47 am

welcome to this site aswell mate lol lol (russ b road blaster)
Back to top Go down
grendel
grendel

Number of posts : 109

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southampton   Hello from Southampton I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 1:35 am

Well the Turbo wagon had its full service yesterday and after a gearbox oil change the 5th gear pop out seems to of stopped. Apparently the gear oil was very burned and as thick as treacle which would explain why it was a bit crunchy changing gear when cold.
Few things picked up. Rad is rusty and possibly need changing at some point and was down by 1.5L of anti-freeze. Rear discs will need changing when the pads do and 3 out of the 4 mixed tyres could do with a change. So think I’ll get a set of new tyres but which to go for Falken FK452 or Toyo T1-R.
Back to top Go down
ray dogg
ray dogg

Number of posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southampton   Hello from Southampton I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 12:32 pm

welcome mate

i'm running on fk 452s not a bad tyre at all, reasonable price too. i find the edges go off real quick on toyo tyres but they are a lot more grippy in the wet. i swap mine front to rear every 4 months to even ware, lasts a bit longer. lol
Back to top Go down
scooby m

Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southampton   Hello from Southampton I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 12:56 pm

Hello from Southampton 859171
Back to top Go down
Little Miss Scuuby
Little Miss Scuuby

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southampton   Hello from Southampton I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 1:11 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Southampton   Hello from Southampton I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Southampton

View previous topic View next topic Back to top