Welcome to Dorset Subaru Owners Club

:IMPORTANT MESSAGE:
* As a Guest you will not be able to view all content of the forum, please Register for full access

* Please post an Intro in the New Members section before posting anywhere else.

* Join Photobucket in order to gain best results regarding posting pictures.

* Firefox seems to be the best browser option for viewing the forum.

Regards
The Admin Team
Welcome to Dorset Subaru Owners Club

:IMPORTANT MESSAGE:
* As a Guest you will not be able to view all content of the forum, please Register for full access

* Please post an Intro in the New Members section before posting anywhere else.

* Join Photobucket in order to gain best results regarding posting pictures.

* Firefox seems to be the best browser option for viewing the forum.

Regards
The Admin Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of Dorset Subaru

HomeLatest imagesHomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

banner help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
scoobybluff
scoobybluff

Number of posts : 1741

banner help Empty
PostSubject: banner help   banner help I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 1:56 pm

hello guys an girls, was thinking that its time this club had its own banner, dsoc has come on loads in the last 6 months, great people, great cars.

so if people are willing to part with some cash, i will be collecting as often as possible

please please help the club to grow and become something to be proud of great great
Back to top Go down
scuuby
scuuby

Number of posts : 2977

banner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: banner help   banner help I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:02 pm

here here, we've already made a start as gunner suggested donations for it! would be great if we could get are own club banner! please dont feel obliged to donate but would be good for the club!!
Back to top Go down
DJ_Scooby
DJ_Scooby

Number of posts : 1441

banner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: banner help   banner help I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm

Do you think it might help people to donate if we knew what sort of money the banners are and stuff hmmm
Back to top Go down
Shifty
Shifty

Number of posts : 1850

banner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: banner help   banner help I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:27 pm

if its the feather banners they are ariund 180 notes
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimatejapcars.co.uk
scoobybluff
scoobybluff

banner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: banner help   banner help I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:28 pm

Shifty wrote:
if its the feather banners they are ariund 180 notes

there ya go m8 Smile
Back to top Go down
DJ_Scooby
DJ_Scooby

banner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: banner help   banner help I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:32 pm

well if for example there are 36 ACTIVE members, each donating £5 = we got a banner!

I'll donate Very Happy
(And I'm moving further away next week cry )
Back to top Go down
scoobybluff
scoobybluff

banner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: banner help   banner help I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:33 pm

DJ_Scooby wrote:
well if for example there are 36 ACTIVE members, each donating £5 = we got a banner!

I'll donate Very Happy
(And I'm moving further away next week :( )

good idea m8 but not everyone will, planning on poping round on meets seeing if people will donate, and thanks for your offer good start Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scoobyss&k
scoobyss&k

Number of posts : 2264

banner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: banner help   banner help I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:34 pm

why not have a whip round at japfest Wink
Back to top Go down
scoobybluff
scoobybluff

banner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: banner help   banner help I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:36 pm

scoobyss&k wrote:
there ya go shaun your job at japfest, see what ya can get, i wont be there cry
Back to top Go down
DJ_Scooby
DJ_Scooby

banner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: banner help   banner help I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:37 pm

scoobybluff wrote:
scoobyss&k wrote:

laugh "Shaun the tin man"
Back to top Go down
scoobybluff
scoobybluff

banner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: banner help   banner help I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:41 pm

DJ_Scooby wrote:
scoobybluff wrote:
scoobyss&k wrote:

laugh "Shaun the tin man"

lol lol
Back to top Go down
lord ref
lord ref

Number of posts : 166

banner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: banner help   banner help I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 2:50 am

Sorry to put a slight downer on this but I dont think the money is the problem here I have been speaking to jay and justin about the design of the banner for a number of weeks and everything justin has come up with jay doesnt like, and so far jay has'nt come up with any alternatives to progress things. The site banner photo cant be used because according to justin it would look crap when blown up to the size required. Justin is in the middle of designing another with some photos of my car involved which i've asked for off my own back as Jay has been working away a lot over the past few weeks & nobody else has come up with any other design that jay approves of.
Back to top Go down
DJ_Scooby
DJ_Scooby

banner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: banner help   banner help I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 3:06 am

I'll have a play on the computer tonight if it helps....

what does everyone want displayed on it?
Back to top Go down
Tiny Tim
Tiny Tim

Number of posts : 5006

banner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: banner help   banner help I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 4:47 am

Well it'll be Jay and Ang's decision at the end of the day.

As for the design, due to the size it's likely any image will look shite, you'd be better off with a text banner.
If it turns out that we can use an image, i'd say use either a generic picture or a group photo of club member's cars.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dsoc.co.nr
Tiny Tim
Tiny Tim

banner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: banner help   banner help I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 4:57 am

Anyways, lets see some of these example designs KEEEEEF Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shifty
Shifty

banner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: banner help   banner help I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 5:38 am

this is one of the banners i have for ujcc
banner help IMG_7830
Back to top Go down

banner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: banner help   banner help I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 5:58 am

thats not a banner thats a flag lol!!!
Back to top Go down
Tiny Tim
Tiny Tim

banner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: banner help   banner help I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 5:58 am

Smart - and if we're going for a feather banner, a proper image of a car is going to look crap I reckon. Smart and simple text WIN
Back to top Go down
Shifty
Shifty

banner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: banner help   banner help I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 6:05 am

Scoobywidow wrote:
thats not a banner thats a flag lol!!!

ok smart arse lol here is our banner
banner help 5520_108613408254_515408254_2808882_6877188_n

i cant remember how much the banner cost. but the feather flag cost 180 notes.

as tim said having a car on a feather banner will not look right will look quite distored so you will need something simple yet effective.

you can prob get away with having a car on the banner but not too sure how it will look.

the feather flags i use are 3m and are on 4m poles
Back to top Go down
RA Jay
RA Jay

Number of posts : 7402

banner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: banner help   banner help I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 6:24 am

Yes behind the scenes we have been working on a banner but what i wanted done couldnt be done and the designs that were put forward didnt look good! What i wanted was the forum header but was told that it couldnt be blown up and printed.

A focal point of any car Club at a show is its banner and it has to be right because its what identifies the club as a whole.

i have been working away over the last 8 weeks or so and havent had a real chance to sit down and re-design a new banner hence why it hasnt been done. If anyone who is handy with photoshop etc wants to have a crack then please feel free, if we have enough designs we could run a poll and let the members decided which one we go with.

If anyone does have a go a desigining a banner it has to be on a black backround...banner help 842922

Keith, Sorry...but no ones car is going on the banner.
Back to top Go down
Tiny Tim
Tiny Tim

banner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: banner help   banner help I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 6:28 am

Jay - having a chat with one of the designers here - if we dont want to have to pay bucks for one of these guys to do a load of potential designs for us, he recommended advertising on Gumtree for a student designer to have a go - will either be very cheap or free as alot of them will just be happy with the experience and ability to add stuff to their portfolios. Just an idea. Wink
Back to top Go down
RA Jay
RA Jay

banner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: banner help   banner help I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 10:28 am

Could be a go Tim....fancy sorting it... banner help 842922
Back to top Go down
Broken_Bug
Broken_Bug

Number of posts : 290

banner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: banner help   banner help I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:02 am

Send me some rough designs and i'll get the grafic department on base to knock some bits up.

I will need to go with something as a rough idea otherwise they wont be interested.(as they will have to design it all and not get paid)

They will do it for free ish. might cost some hob nobs
Back to top Go down
Tiny Tim
Tiny Tim

banner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: banner help   banner help I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Broken_Bug wrote:
Send me some rough designs and i'll get the grafic department on base to knock some bits up.

I will need to go with something as a rough idea otherwise they wont be interested.(as they will have to design it all and not get paid)

They will do it for free ish. might cost some hob nobs

Go for it, let me know how you get on and i'll pester our designers. Couple of the buggers owe me a favour or two anyway...
Back to top Go down
RA Jay
RA Jay

banner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: banner help   banner help I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:17 am

Looking for something similar to the forum header...
Back to top Go down
Broken_Bug
Broken_Bug

Number of posts : 290

banner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: banner help   banner help I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 12:19 pm

Leave it with me for a week or so
Back to top Go down
willsh
willsh

Number of posts : 399

banner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: banner help   banner help I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 12:49 pm

no good at photoshop but hapy to vote banner help 156712 wouldn't the site banner be a good start i really like the outline of dorset in there and the phase home of dorset subaru's maybe do it the same japanese font as ujcc one's ??
Back to top Go down
Shifty
Shifty

banner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: banner help   banner help I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 1:11 pm

also jay speak to chris aka trd celica as he designed my graphics and suspect he wouldnt mind doing the banner as he would use it in his portfolio
Back to top Go down
scoobybluff
scoobybluff

banner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: banner help   banner help I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 1:13 pm

After speaking to jay today think letting us all have a vote or go at the look of the banner is the best thing, we do still need to raise the cash, so the bluff will still be begging for your hard earned cash where possible Smile
Back to top Go down
scuuby
scuuby

Number of posts : 2977

banner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: banner help   banner help I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 3:04 pm

it might be worth looking at the banners at japfest to get an idea of which way we can go?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

banner help Empty
PostSubject: Re: banner help   banner help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

banner help

View previous topic View next topic Back to top