Welcome to Dorset Subaru Owners Club

:IMPORTANT MESSAGE:
* As a Guest you will not be able to view all content of the forum, please Register for full access

* Please post an Intro in the New Members section before posting anywhere else.

* Join Photobucket in order to gain best results regarding posting pictures.

* Firefox seems to be the best browser option for viewing the forum.

Regards
The Admin Team
Welcome to Dorset Subaru Owners Club

:IMPORTANT MESSAGE:
* As a Guest you will not be able to view all content of the forum, please Register for full access

* Please post an Intro in the New Members section before posting anywhere else.

* Join Photobucket in order to gain best results regarding posting pictures.

* Firefox seems to be the best browser option for viewing the forum.

Regards
The Admin Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of Dorset Subaru

HomeLatest imagesHomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Newbie needs help! Where's the booooost???????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
marky777
marky777

Number of posts : 2082

Newbie needs help! Where's the booooost??????? Empty
PostSubject: Newbie needs help! Where's the booooost???????   Newbie needs help! Where's the booooost??????? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 12:10 pm

Hi guys really need some help here. 01 wrx, car seems to pull ok but absolutely no turbo spool noise and no re-circ chirp at any amount of throttle? Where do i start? The car is standard and not displaying any warning lights. It is due it's 60k service. Could this be solenoid/actuator or air leak? Pls help any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Tiny Tim
Tiny Tim

Number of posts : 5006

PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help! Where's the booooost???????   Newbie needs help! Where's the booooost??????? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 12:13 pm

Could you hear the turbo spool previously? My monies on a split/loose hose.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dsoc.co.nr
marky777
marky777

PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help! Where's the booooost???????   Newbie needs help! Where's the booooost??????? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 12:25 pm

No i could not hear it b4, just bought the car and did not know what noises to expect. The car is fairly quick and pulls smoothly all through the rev range, maybe i am used to louder set-up's but no chirp? I can't hear any sucking/hissing on tickover. If i have a big enough leak will this stop the turbo spooling noise alltogether?
Back to top Go down
scoobynutter
scoobynutter

Number of posts : 2813

PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help! Where's the booooost???????   Newbie needs help! Where's the booooost??????? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 12:36 pm

you sure its not a SPORT Newbie needs help! Where's the booooost??????? 369588

SORRY Newbie needs help! Where's the booooost??????? 11660

Newbie needs help! Where's the booooost??????? 859171
Back to top Go down
Tiny Tim
Tiny Tim

Number of posts : 5006

PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help! Where's the booooost???????   Newbie needs help! Where's the booooost??????? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 12:40 pm

Hang on, ive just re-read your first post... so there isnt actuallyanything WRONG with the car, you're just worried because it's not making loads of noise?

I wouldnt worry.

The newer the car, the more refined its going to feel, that's just the nature of cars. As for the 'chirp', no standard car should make that noise (I presume you're talking about compressor stall).. the re-circulating dump valves pass the air back into the inlet thus silencing any release of air. Sometimes by fitting an aftermarket air filter or removing te resonator boxyou can hear a slight noise.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dsoc.co.nr
marky777
marky777

PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help! Where's the booooost???????   Newbie needs help! Where's the booooost??????? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 2:03 pm

lol sport....

Correct tiny tim. it is much more refined than older turbo'd cars i have owned, the last one i stuck a much larger hybrid t28/pump/pistons/injectors/manifold/32"straight through etc and it made a racket of induction/spool/bov noise. I think i have worried myself for no reason and feel a prat now. However i will get it dyno'd when it has been serviced. Thanks for your help. Oh and although i was not allowed to stop i did go pass the cat n fiddle (in our picasso) and saw a line of scooby's and wished i could have attended. Thanks again
Back to top Go down
scoobyvic
scoobyvic

Number of posts : 1031

PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help! Where's the booooost???????   Newbie needs help! Where's the booooost??????? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 2:14 pm

Mine don't make much noise either altho i'm pretty oblivious to most noises with the stereo on, think I can sometimes just about hear the turbo with no stereo but thats it Smile
Back to top Go down
marky777
marky777

PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help! Where's the booooost???????   Newbie needs help! Where's the booooost??????? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 2:25 pm

Thanks everyone for your help, the car is far more refined than i have been used to D'oh and now feel much better about it. Hopefully will see most of you at the next meet
Back to top Go down
sammie

Number of posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help! Where's the booooost???????   Newbie needs help! Where's the booooost??????? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 12:10 pm

welcome to dsoc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help! Where's the booooost???????   Newbie needs help! Where's the booooost??????? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie needs help! Where's the booooost???????

View previous topic View next topic Back to top