Welcome to Dorset Subaru Owners Club

:IMPORTANT MESSAGE:
* As a Guest you will not be able to view all content of the forum, please Register for full access

* Please post an Intro in the New Members section before posting anywhere else.

* Join Photobucket in order to gain best results regarding posting pictures.

* Firefox seems to be the best browser option for viewing the forum.

Regards
The Admin Team
Welcome to Dorset Subaru Owners Club

:IMPORTANT MESSAGE:
* As a Guest you will not be able to view all content of the forum, please Register for full access

* Please post an Intro in the New Members section before posting anywhere else.

* Join Photobucket in order to gain best results regarding posting pictures.

* Firefox seems to be the best browser option for viewing the forum.

Regards
The Admin Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of Dorset Subaru

HomeLatest imagesHomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

2001 Legacy GTB rev D

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
paullen
paullen

Number of posts : 399

2001 Legacy GTB rev D  Empty
PostSubject: 2001 Legacy GTB rev D    2001 Legacy GTB rev D  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 2:28 am

It was and still is broken, but I will get it fixed/bodged.

Its currently running 1 bar across the rev range, but if I get my electronics right I'll soon have 1bar to 4500rpm then 1.3 til the redline. Then its remap time and more boost til I can afford a single turbo conversion.

2001 Legacy GTB rev D  RR_lowboost

2001 Legacy GTB rev D  Rollingroad_lowboost

It should run 280 as standard and 320/330 with a remap, but 350 is the very limit for the TT without silly money spent on it. People bang on about the lac of lag, but comparing mine with Jays, he's making more power than mine earlier in the rev range, so a single conversion is a no brainer now. I just need a smashed bug eye to cannibalise.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lennoxservices.co.uk
RA Jay
RA Jay

Number of posts : 7402

PostSubject: Re: 2001 Legacy GTB rev D    2001 Legacy GTB rev D  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 5:04 am

Running rich to Paul.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dsoc.co.nr
Jason raa
Jason raa

Number of posts : 417

PostSubject: Re: 2001 Legacy GTB rev D    2001 Legacy GTB rev D  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 6:57 am

is that boost graph with boost controller
Back to top Go down
paullen
paullen

PostSubject: Re: 2001 Legacy GTB rev D    2001 Legacy GTB rev D  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 7:08 am

No thats how it was before the controller.

Its running rich because its missing loads of boost.
Back to top Go down
Jason raa
Jason raa

Number of posts : 417

PostSubject: Re: 2001 Legacy GTB rev D    2001 Legacy GTB rev D  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 7:26 am

looks like solenoid not doin anything on high just using actuator spring is there a restrictor pill in boost pipe like the imprezas have
Back to top Go down
paullen
paullen

PostSubject: Re: 2001 Legacy GTB rev D    2001 Legacy GTB rev D  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 7:47 am

There is but basically one solenoid controls both boost levels. There is only one wastegate on the small turbo, that controls boost for both.

To be honest I've given up chasing the problem, I've tried all sorts and read just about every post on the internet about them. I could get to the bottom of it by changing the DPS sensor, boost solenoid, vac pills, dump valve, EGV...the list goes on. Even a leaky manifold can casue this kind of issue.

Slapping a boost controller on fixed the levels @ 1bar ish and its much better, but not right. I can set the boost controller to switch to high boost when the second turbo comes in and get my full 1.3 bar. I'm just fed up of the unreliability of the whole TT system. There are soooo many people running low boost levels on GTBs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2001 Legacy GTB rev D    2001 Legacy GTB rev D  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2001 Legacy GTB rev D

View previous topic View next topic Back to top